An ISA sound card emulator, powered by a Raspberry Pi Pico
PicoGUS can emulate Gravis UltraSound, AdLib (OPL2), CMS/Game Blaster and Tandy 3-Voice, and supports MIDI output with MPU-401 intelligent mode emulation. It comes in two versions: the original ISA card, and the "Femto" edition that can plug into a Hand386/Book8088 or ISA adapter.
Got a PicoGUS at VCF Midwest? Get started with latest software release on the project's GitHub page.
Wanted to get a PicoGUS at VCF Midwest but I ran out? I'll be making another batch ASAP.
I placed an order for parts on 2023-09-12 which should arrive at JLCPCB in 1-2 weeks, then production can begin. After waiting 10 days for the PSRAM parts to arrive at JLCPCB, my order was suddenly canceled with little explanation. I've gone ahead and put a batch of Femto edition PicoGUS cards and ISA adapters into production on 2023-09-25 without the PSRAM chips, which I will assemble by hand when they arrive. Stay tuned!
Also put into production at the same time: prototypes for a new version of the PicoGUS that directly integrates the RP2040 microcontroller and can be 99% assembled at JLCPCB. Unlike the Femto versions which require a lot of manual assembly by me, I'll be able to be literally "hands off" when making these! Here's a preview:
- GitHub project: Firmware source, hardware design, build/configuration Wiki. Of particular interest is the Compatibility list to know what systems and programs it works well with.
- Interactive BOM – this is nice if you're building your own PicoGUS.
- YouTube Channel with project updates, demos, etc. If you're interested in what the PicoGUS can do and how to use one, this is a good place to go!
- Follow me on Mastodon for updates!
- Boards will be available for sale on Tindie when they're ready!
Want to support the project (i.e. let me buy more motherboards with chipsets to test PicoGUS on)? You can donate via PayPal or Ko-Fi!